Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Garlic Cheese Biscuits

First of all, I 'd like to apologize for not posting for a few days.  My internet connection has been shoddy at best, and I have not been able to post as religiously as I would have liked.  These biscuits, though, are ones that I grew up eating, and most people who eat them say they are better than the cheddar bay biscuits advertised by Red Lobster.  I'll let you be the decision maker on that, but they are my number one favorite.


Ashley's Garlic Cheese Biscuits

Ingredients:  2 C Bisquik
                      1/2 c milk
                      1/2 c cheddar cheese (sharper the better)
                      4 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted.
          Topping:  1 tsp garlic powder
                         4 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted

1.  Preheat oven to 450.  
2.  Mix together Bisquik, milk, cheddar cheese, and 4 tbsp butter with a wooden spoon.  Add more bisquik or milk as needed to get a biscuit consistency.
3.  On a nonstick cookie sheet, place biscuits in rounded spoonfuls.
4.  Cook at 450 for 14-17 minutes, or until tops golden brown and fluffy.
5.  While the biscuits are cooking, melt butter and garlic powder in the microwave.
6. Butter the tops of the biscuits while still hot on the baking sheet.

Makes about 8-12 biscuits, depending on the size of your spoonfuls!

No comments:

Post a Comment